The Solution Architect (SA) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The SA collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions and pilot that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
The SA is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- University degree in any related field such as industrial engineering, business, sales engineering
- 1-3 year of experience in a technical role with customer contact
- Experience with customer and technical knowledge are a plus
- Ability to simplify complex topics and issues for customers
- Fluency in English
- Valid drivers licence