Backend Engineer - Tech Lead (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Backend Tech Lead (m/f/d) who wants to define and drive technical excellence in our state-of-the-art backend services ranging from IoT data collection and analysis to deployment infrastructure optimization.
Do you enjoy designing and implementing complex serverless backend services and collaborate with embedded, mobile, and frontend engineering? Do you have a hands-on approach, can you challenge your own ideas and work in a self-organized team?
What do we offer?
- Opportunities to directly build in-house made products that really make a difference
- To be a part of a Munich based company in Belgrade
- A high level of teamwork and autonomy
- No time tracking - we have trust in you and your results
- A work environment built on support and respect in an open-minded multinational team
- Permanent contract with ProGlove and competitive salary with 28 days of paid vacation per year + all Serbian bank holidays
- Remote first approach
- Regular virtual team and company events
How you’ll contribute...
- Define the architecture of our backend to be performant, cost-efficient, and secure
- Drive technical improvements to optimize the developer experience of the team in their day-to-day work
- Develop, test and deploy a backend service that connects our wearable devices to industrial customers’ systems and apps
- Process the collected data in a serverless infrastructure environment and analyze it to enable process optimization at the customer
- Work in agile, design thinking teams - everybody can talk to stakeholders including customers and together we build great products
You are a great fit if you have...
- 3+ years of experience as a backend developer - preferred in Python
- Practical experience setting up public cloud infrastructure (AWS), developing and operating applications
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins/Travis) and Infrastructure-as-code setups (CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Wish to work in a healthy design thinking startup environment where you can own the applications, from talking to customers to monitoring your application
- Knowledge of the right tools to get the job done - language, runtime environment, database, etc.
- Excellent English, German is nice to have
Who are we?
We believe in the human worker. Therefore, we build the smallest and lightest wearable barcode scanners in the world and connect the human workforce to the Internet of Things. We embrace diversity. That is why we employ more than 200 people from more than 30 countries and from all walks of life. We appreciate who you are, and we want you to be a part of ProGlove at our sites in Munich, Chicago and Belgrade.
Sounds like this is for you?
To learn more, please call Jelena Kolarski at +381 62 83 90 849! Or simply send your application by clicking on the Apply button! We are thrilled to get to know you!
The job location is Belgrade, Serbia.