Special purpose machinery Designer (m/f/d)
Who are we?
We believe in the human worker. Therefore, we build the smallest and lightest wearable barcode scanners in the world and connect the human workforce to the Internet of Things.
We embrace diversity. That is why we employ more than 200 people from more than 30 countries and of all walks of life. We appreciate who you are, and we want you to be a part of ProGlove at our sites in Munich, Chicago and Belgrade.
What do we offer?
- A modern shared office with couches and comfortable seats to work at or just to enjoy the view to the alps
- A high level of teamwork and autonomy
- A lot of flexibility in working hours and location
- Go for lunch in our canteen or use our fully equipped kitchen
- Bring your dog to the office
- Enjoy fresh fruits, coffee or sweets in the office
- Cycle with your leased JobRad bike to the office or choose one of our other benefits (Qualitrain, MVV ticket, Parking spot)
We are looking for a Special purpose machinery Designer (m/f/d) for our Wearable Engineering team, who is enthusiastic about joining a fast-growing Start-Up in Munich and take part in creating the next generation of ProGlove devices.
You are hands on, reliable, and organized? You are driven and self-dependent? Then ProGlove is your place to be!
How you´ll contribute:
- Design, construction and continuous improvement of special purpose machinery to enable manufacturing at our In-house production lines
- Manage all process and machinery design projects from Idea to implementation. Including research, design and development, cost estimation, procurement, construction, and testing
- Carry out repairs on automated machinery. Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical designs by running root cause analysis
- Work closely with design and production departments and drive the machinery design to ensure high quality, manufacturable products
What you need:
- Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering, or a comparable field
- 2-5 years engineering experience, preferably in custom machinery design
- Strong aptitude for mechanical design and CAD Software knowledge (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Experience in special purpose machinery design and construction, preferably in an Assembly/Manufacturing environment
- Hands-on knowledge in mechanical construction and workshop hand tools.
- Design for ergonomics and safety of production associates (e.g. EN 60204-1, EN 13849, EN 61439)
- Hands-on knowledge in electrical/pneumatic design and construction is a plus (component selection, cable dimensions, power, and control board design, field sensor selection, wiring)
- PLC hardware knowledge (Siemens S7), ASI, IBUS networking addressing, and SPS programming is a plus
- Business fluent in English, German is a plus
Why work at ProGlove?
Because at ProGlove we work to make YOU successful from day one. It’s as simple as that: no ifs or buts. You will be working jobs that matter to you. And we are passionate about creating a work environment that truly inspires you. Respect, trust, and no politics!
Is it you we´re looking for?
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are thrilled to get to know you! If you still have an open question, please don´t hesitate to contact Eva at +49 151 42146337.
The Job location is Munich, Germany.